Friday 17 August 2012

Olay Regenerist 3 point fragrance free cream

Olay Regenerist 3 point fragrance free cream 50ml
Sold anywhere from £15.50 amazon/ebay to £24.99 to £29.99 Boots or Superdrug

This cream is way to expensive for full price, considering Olay was always a beauty budget cream so what happened Olay why the expensive prices these days!!!

I bought this for £15.00 via ebay and thats about all I would have paid for this I have used olay products before, see my other reviews and Olay isnt a bad cream the problem I find is the fragrance I dont like it and it gives me spots so two reasons there why I probably wouldnt buy it and the price (another dig!) so make that three reasons.

Ok your probably thinking im not impressed so far and probably wont buy it but read on.  Its a big red Jar with a silver lid quite attractive they do say red is a colour that attracts the eye when out shopping so probably tactics where thats concerned. So the amount 50ml is a fair amount, the first thing I did was smell it and like it said on the tin it didnt smell of much just a light pleasant smell.  The cream is thick and should be rubbed around your fingers to thin it out otherwise you would use way to much.

I have read great reviews about this and was looking forward to trying it which I did on the day it arrived.

Let me tell you the science bit


Olay Regenerist 3-Point Treatment Cream targets the 3 hardest to treat areas with our most powerful cream ever...
Olay Regenerist 3-Point Treatment Cream provides dramatically younger-looking skin around the 3 hardest to treat areas - your eyes, jaw line and neck. It's Olay's first super-cream, containing Olay's most concentrated amino-peptide formula ever.
  • Treats the difficult areas that some products ignore
  • Achieves dramatically younger-looking skin with the high levels of amino-peptide

Ok so this is the promise it is making and heres my diary of events so far.

Week one
I have put this cream on my face but im going to have to be careful I think Im being too generous with it at this rate it isnt going to last five minutes.  It rubbed onto my face really well with no residue sitting on the top of my skin.
Day 4 of the first week got a few spots which I am hoping are not going to get worse it says unfragranced so not sure why unless its just too thick and clogging up my pores.

Week two
Still got a few spots not liking that I normally only get them before my period but they say sometimes skin takes time to get used to a new product so heres hoping its the settling in period.

day 5 of the second week. Another spot has appeared just when the others had started to go, Im not liking that!  One more week and if I get anymore Im ditching this cream as you know girls theres nothing worse than arranging a night out only to find on the morning of that day you have a big spot!!

My skin does look nice though its certainly more hydrated than with other creams I have used, my Jaw doesnt look much different maybe just my skin a little plumper but still some sag so no miracles as yet but early days.  Im watching the spots though as whats the point of nice skin if you have spots its contradicts the whole thing.

Week four

Ive jumped to week four mainly because its took my skin this long to stop breaking out and to be honest I had almost given up but its been 6 days since my last spot so all good.  I like the cream a lot and my jaw line is showing some signs of looking a bit firmer and and lines around my mouth dont look as deep when I smile so I would recommend it as I have seen an improvement not a jaw droping wow one but enough for now to keep me using it.

A good tip at night is to mix this with a few drops of argan oil as this really makes your skin nice and hydrated the next day.

I will keep you updated.
It maybe worth trying the 3 point serum rather  than the cream if your prone to spots  as serums tend to be a liquid substance.


UPDATE

Ok so its been a good what 8 months since I posted this wow time flies when your getting old!!
I give up on this as to many spots but if you don't break out then keep using it, shame though I liked this and it was unperfumed but was that enough!! maybe its not what it says in the description never mind onward and upward!!



No comments:

Post a Comment