Sunday 7 July 2013

Palmers cocoa butter gradual tan 250ml

Palmers cocoa butter gradual tan 250ml
This can be purchased at any large chemist in the UK its usually Boots or Superdrug prices seem to vary from £4.99 to £3.50 as I saw it on special offer a little while back.
I use fake tan reluctantly I hate the smell I hate the mess and the hoping I have scrubbed it off my hands so that the next day im not going to end up with Satsuma hands. I hate waiting for it to dry etc etc etc... I could go on and on.
So not being a fan of the Casper look I use this as now over half my family have had bits of skin removed because of various skin cancer problems so Im not a sun worshipper any longer.

As I am pale I thought I would use it 2 days before I had a special occasion coming up.
The bottle says use once a day or when needed I don't see how putting it on anymore than that would be advisable seems pointless.  It boasts of containing vitamin E and that its a good moisturizer.

I had a shower put a little bit of baby lotion on waited ten mins then applied the cream its almost got a chocolate type smell and is a nice texture the colour is basically the colour that the bottle is.  It rubbed in it pretty well and dried ok (still felt like I couldn't get ready till after half an hour as didn't feel dry enough).

I went to bed got up and noticed the smell was a bit awful gone was the nice chocolate smell and hello was a typical fake tan smell.  My arms were ok they had a bit of colour but my elbows and a round my wrists were a bit stained I had to tidy this up with a wipe.  My legs were a mess the streaks were awful Im not sure what went wrong but they weren't a pretty sight, the following night I used this on my arms again giving my legs a miss this time.  The following morning a  nice enough golden tan but again just to many streaks.  I used this for a few weeks then went back to my avon one as much better minus the streaks.

This Gradual tanner has rave reviews and maybe I am doing something wrong Im 41 pale with not to dry or greasy skin so don't know where this has gone wrong.

You get a decent size bottle and a little goes a long way, In all I was a bit disappointed that it didn't work for me as I really wanted to like this as I like palmers products.


If you want just a natural golden tan if your pale then use it maybe 3 days before you want to look your best and the colour will just fade within 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment