Friday 9 March 2012

Johnson's Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover 100ml & Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover 150ml

Johnson's Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover 100ml £3.29
I use No7 waterproof mascara I have done for years, I need to experiment with others but my eyes are really sensitive and they can get swollen easily with new make up products so I have to be careful.

As we all know mascara is a pain to get off with a normal face wipe so trying to shift waterproof is a nightmare.

I did a little research and the two products that kept coming up were Johnsons and Botanics there were others but to be honest I thought they were a little expensive.
The Johnsons make up remover was a tiny bottle and I hoped a little went a long way it was a good price or so I thought.
It comes in a clear bottle with a pinky colour like design, its oil based as Ive heard that if you want to remove waterproof mascara oil based products are the best.
I used this one evening after work and poured some onto a cotton wool pad and applied it as directed to my lashes, I had to give it a few good strokes to shift the mascara it wasnt coming off very easily, after a fair amount of this product I finely felt it was off, the clear liquid was a little bit greasy but not enough to put you off ( I do expect some as it is oil based after all.)
I used this for over a week and just felt exhausted in trying to remove my stubborn mascara it just took to long the bottle was over half empty by now and all that rubbing was making my eyes sore and a bit itchy, it may work really well on normal mascara but it fell a bit flat for my liking.
I would give it 6 out of 10 mainly as it does work eventually and like I say it will probably be great for non waterproof.
Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover 150ml £3.05

This was the second eye make up remover I tried I was going to purchase it first but it was sold out at the time in Boots the chemist.

The bottle was a bigger size and Eco friendly plant like looking in a clear bottle, half the bottle like the Johnsons was oil based the other was a greeny blue liquid.

I used it again as instructed and it pretty much shifted my stubborn mascara off straight away I was impressed, I didnt have to use about 5 cotton pads as with the Johnsons ( I only used 2) and my  lashes were soft and back to normal.

The down side is its a big greasy and I had to dab the excess off with a damp paper towel but it was no major hardship and the fact that it did the job in seconds was fine for me and by the time I dabbed the extra oil off I still probably did the job in half the time unlike when using the Johnsons product.

I would give it 7 out of 10 I cant say I will stick to it forever but for right now its pretty good just wish it was less greasy but would it work as well!
TOP TIP IF YOU BUY THIS, BEFORE YOU USE IT ALWAYS GIVE IT A GOOD SHAKE.

3 comments:

  1. Great reviews! I always have a bit of trouble removing my mascara - I'm normally quite drunk too, so I think that probably hinders it too. But I like the sound of Botanics Soothing Eye Make-Up Remover. I think I could randly the grease; at the moment I use facial wipes, so I could just run one of those after using the make-up remover to get rid of the grease. How much did you pay for it?
    Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne
    Thanks for the comment, great idea using the face wipes to get rid of the excess grease I think I will do that myself.
    I got it from Boots at £3.05 so a good price and ive had it a week now and have hardly put a dint in it. x

    ReplyDelete