Monday 16 April 2012

Philips HP6509 Epilator

Philips HP6509 Epilator £27.99
I got this at Argos it says that it is half price if this is the case why are other shops selling it at around £30+ still cant moan to much as it was still cheaper than other shops.

The info on this is-
Complete epilator with extra shaver head and lift and massage attachment - lifts even the short hairs for an extra close epilation and relaxes your skin for a gentler hair removal at the same time
  • Shaving head attachment with comb.
  • Sensitive cap for delicate skin.
  • Hypo-allergenic metal epilation system.
  • Two speed operation.
Features
  • Corded use.
  • 2 speed settings.
  • For dry use only.
  • Epilation head with 20 tweezers.
  • Efficiency cap.
  • Washable head.
  • Includes massage cap to relax skin for maximum comfort.
  • 2 attachments: lift and massage attachment, sensitive cap.
  • Accessories include cleaning brush.
General information
  • Mains operated.
  • Manufacturer's 2 year guarantee.
  • EAN/MPN/UPC/ISBN: 8710103439592.
This is a cute gadget its a nice purple and white colour its quite small and easy to hold in your hand, the instructions are simple enough to understand, there are other attachments as well.

I bought this to use on my arms and legs only no way shape or form I am brave enough to use this on my bikini line or under arms.

I have to admit I was a bit afraid to use this after speaking to people on Facebook I heard a few horror stories of pain pain and more pain lol not very encouraging.

I took the plunge and thought just get on with it, I used it as instructed on one of my legs making sure the hairs werent too long as it would seriously hurt if they were, so off I went and Oh MY God I SCREAMED MY HEAD OFF and there was a few swear words in their to.

Imagine a million little tweezers grabbing the hairs on your legs and just ripping them out!!! this is what it felt like.  It took me nearly an  hour to do one leg and I was sweating (with fear or pain I dont know, maybe both!) I didnt do the other leg until the following day (what a coward I am) that actually wasnt as bad so maybe like advised I had gotten used to it a little bit,

After once sweating and swearing again I reached for a bar of chocolate and I felt much better!!

Later that day I decided to be even  braver and do my arms (eeeeeek) I have shaved my arms since I was 19 and no they never did grow back twice as thick (old wifes tale google it if you dont believe me) It didnt take me long and it only hurt half as much as the legs which isnt really reassuring lol.

Once finished I brushed the loose hairs out (there were alot) then took the top of the epilator and did the same and that was that. Unplugged it and put it in the nice little wash bag provided for hopefully another 3-4 weeks I hope im not one of these people where it grows back sooner I am not suffering if I dont get at least 3wks reprieve.

This particular model Philips HP6509 says its one of the easier epilators that doesnt hurt as much Im not convinced pain is pain isnt it?  And the more you use it the less pain you feel for example like plucking your eyebrows for the first time then not even thinking about doing it after a few months (I pray this is true!!)

I cant recommend this as Its only been a few days and my arms and legs are still smooth I didnt have stubble rash or ingrowing hairs that sometimes can happen with these devices (but so can razors) and I would say after 3 days I usually have stubble peeping up and there isnt so far so good.

I will let you know but I think Im going to like this after all they say No Pain No gain ad there is no price on beauty blah blah blah!!!

This is a follow up to the above iformation dated the 10 may 2012
I have been using this for weeks now and my legs are fine no probs I can only get away with out redoing this for a max of 2 weeks before regrowth but I am dark and fairly hairy lol still  not sure its worth the pain (although its not as bad as the first time) I would prefer to do this once a month not twice.
The arms not good for me I had ingrowing hairs after 4 days where nasty little spots came up I didnt like that and thought it maybe the breaking in period of when I first started using it but alas no.  I wont be using this on my arms again.  So for me its only really good for my legs but everyones different and buying it wont break the bank.

1 comment:

  1. Using techniques device like epilator has even become a must-do in the globe for locks eliminating.

    ReplyDelete