Friday 11 May 2012

No7 Anti-AgeingFacial Protect SPF 50 & SPF 30 50ml

No7 Anti-AgeingFacial Protect SPF 50 & SPF 30  50ml RRP £11

If you are in the uk then you will know that Boots the chemist do a five pound voucher for No7 now and again when you purchase something I think its over £5 you get one.  Well being the bargain hunter that I am I used this to buy the no7 spf 50 face sun screen for £6 instead of £11 BARGAIN!!

My husband being the copy cat he is used my idea and bought himself the no7 SPF30 for his face.
We bought these for our Trip to Fuerteventura which we went to in May 2012 The canaries are Hot so we took various sunscreens check out my other reviews on Soltan Once, 30 SPF and Kids Once soltan SPF50 and P20.

The info provided by Boots is-

No7 Anti-Dark Spot Facial Sun Protection SPF 50 50ml Contains Optisol a dual action sun filter that reflects damaging UV light from your skin and acts as a powerful antioxidant against damaging free radicals. No7's skin brightening complex helps improve appearance of skin tone and colour whilst also helping to prevent dark spots and hyper-pigmentation caused by the sun.

  • Five star UVA protection
  • Contains broad spectrum of UVA and UVB filters

How to Use

Use gentle circular strokes to massage into your skin 15 minutes before going out into the sun. Reapply every 1-2 hours and after swimming or towelling. To get the required SPF apply generously.
Suitable for use under make-up.


The SPF 30 is the same information as above.

I applied this on my face as instructed it was a gorgeous white creamy liquid and went on really well and it dried quickly and not sticky, my husband agreed it was really nice and didnt have a high perfume as some sunscreens do. Its boasts of having the duel action qualities of stoping sun burn and anti-aging.

We went about our day (we like to go out for the day walking and eating and walking and drinking you get the idea lol) after an hour my face was starting to burn and felt tight I always know thats a sign my face is getting sun burnt eeeeeekkkk!!

I had to apply my emergency  mini tube of sunscreen I carry around on holiday Soltan kids factor 50 for most of the day, my husband managed 2 hours before he was asking for extra sunscreen too as his forehead was burning.

I did this again the following day and put on extra just to make sure that I was putting enough on my face, but exactly the same thing happend I know it does say that you need to reapply but who can be bothered to do that every hour!!!!! its just too much hassle and when I bought it I do put my hands up to admit I didnt really read the full instructions ooops so hadnt realised you needed to reapply every 1 to 2 hours.

A bit disappointed with this I think I will use this in the UK for a normal face cream as I do like it and for when I ride my bike as for heavy abroad sunshine I wouldnt recommend as I just dont think it has enough power in it to do the Job.

I would give it 6 out of 10 I know it will be good for the Uk summer (what summer!!! lol)

My Husband is darker skinned than me so his usage of this cream did last a bit longer than me so in his opinion if your darker skinned then try it as Im dark but with very fair skin so burn easy so this may be a thing to look out for if your thinking of purchasing this product.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment