Thursday 10 May 2012

Soltan Once Kids Waterplay Lotion SPF50 50ml

Soltan Once Kids Waterplay Hypoallergenic Suncare Lotion SPF50+ 50ml  Half price £2.74 was £5.49

I bought this for my summer holiday to Fuerteventura, now I bought the no7 facial sunscreen spf50 (see review for that and soltan 30spf once as well)

I use SPF50 on my face as I dont want to look like the lady from Benidorm from the Tele sorry but that leather looks not for me, so I try and look after my skin best that I can.
I bought this mini size for my bag its a once application and the information on it is-

Detailed product information

1 application gives up to 6 hours sun protection and 3 hours water resistance.*
Specially formulated for your child’s vulnerable skin, this easy to apply lotion absorbs quickly and helps to moisturise. All Soltan sun products have been awarded a maximum five-star rating against deep-down skin damage caused by UVA rays.
Extra Benefits
  • Water resistant for 3 hours*
  • Includes patented antioxidant complex to help protect against long term skin damage
  • Dermatologist approved
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Non-pore blocking
* Provided you follow the instructions

How to Use

  • Apply 15 minutes before going into the sun
  • Apply generously using approximately 2 tablespoons full of product for the entire body. Rub in well
  • 1 application allows for up to 6 hours sun exposure and 3 hours water exposure*
  • Reapply if you spend more time in the water
  • This product is designed for normal wear but should be applied after towelling dry or other abrasive contact
  • Bathing or showering will remove the product

Hazards and Cautions

  • Keep babies and young children out of direct sunlight
  • Avoid the midday sun (between 11am and 3pm)
  • Seek shade and cover up
  • Overexposure to the sun is a serious health threat
  • Avoid contact with fabrics
  • Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse immediately with water
*Provided you follow the instructions

I did use this but to be honest I didnt like it very much like the soltan 30spf it was sticky and this one made my face shine so much it wasnt attractive lol, it got into my eyes my sunglasses kept sliding off my face.  The cream was yellowish and thick, I know its for kids but I thought it would be perfect for my skin, it didnt rub in well either so god help the poor mothers who battle everyday to use this on their kids.

It probably would work if you didnt get it anywhere near your eyes or having to constantly push your sunglasses up so that probably took the cream off a few times as one day my nose was a bit burnt.

Its not that cheap either at normal rrp price and it was ok for a mini to have as an emergency in your bag.  I had to keep using it as we would be out most of the day and the no7 sunscreen wasnt a once application so I was aware I would need to use extra later on that day.

I would give it 4 out of 10
I took a Banana boat spf50 sports cream that I had some left off last year from B&M for £1.50 it was still in my case so I had left it im glad I did as I ended up using this by the end of the week it wasnt a once cream but it fitted in my bag so I was happy taking that instead, plus it was white cream not to thick rubbed in well and didnt leave a sticky shine on my face.

 I left the soltan kids cream behind where we were staying as theres no way I would have used that again.




No comments:

Post a Comment