Monday 4 June 2012

Argan Oil beauty wonder or just greasy face and hair?

Argan Oil

I am always hearing so much about this oil mainly for hair, I remember my sister staying at my house and me snooping through her beauty products (come onnnn we are all nosey) I found argan oil and put it on my face not being that impressed but that was until she told me that particular kind was for hair and had other products in it (meaning it wasnt 100% pure)

I finely give into this niggling voice in my head telling me to buy some, yes like the one that speaks to me when I see a bag or shoes I like too (dam voice cost me a fortune)
I did what I usually do I went on Ebay and had a look around as I just wanted to try a small bottle, now the advice is.

Always buy the oil in a glass bottle especially tinted to protect the oil from light.

Buy 100% unroasted do not buy deodorised as this can kill some of the goodness and make it less pure

It should be yellowy orange and have a smell a bit nutty, to be honest I just cant describe the smell its just weird, but disappears in seconds once you rub it in.

Always make sure that after 5 mins or so it sinks in it shouldnt sit on top of the skin.

The hardest thing is finding someone that sells the real deal and not some mixed variation the first sample I bought on ebay was way to thick, greasy and didnt sink in very well ok so I got it wrong but it was £2.80 for a small bottle which was plastic (but I didnt think then it mattered.) Also beware of the Argan oil that they use for cooking as people may try to sell this im not sure what the difference is I assume its tastier lol.

My second attempt was ebay again the product was in a small amber glass bottle and It is lovely its by a seller named Blackstonesupplies (I do not know them or are advertise them I simply am I telling you where I bought one just in case you think they are my friends lol)

I will buy this again but I know have opted for a bigger bottle as im hooked.

It does promise to do a lot of things which I think maybe over reacting a bit its only oil from a nut not some miracle antil-wrinkle product.  I havent used it on my hair yet as I havent really got dry hair but I hear its good for that so worth buying it for both if you need too.

I use it by putting on face cream, eye cream then about half an hour before bed I just gently rub some of this in and when I wake up my skin looks pretty darn good. Then in the morning put a tiny bit on my face and hands and dont forget your neck.  Ive been using it for a week now and already I had someone thinking I was 30 woohoo that will do for me its been a while since I had a compliment that good.

Just use it in with your usual beauty regime and you wont go wrong and make sure its real 100%  oil


So the sellers blackstonesupplies and returnallhealthmineralmakeupskincare and I have heard a website called Mir is good too so may try that sometime.

My opinion give it a go.  I bought a 50ml glass jar for roughly a tenner and the smaller bottle was £3.50 so your not going to break the bank.

If any of you use it for your hair please can you add your comments thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment