Sunday 23 September 2012

Calypso once sun cream SPF 40

Calypso once sun cream SPF 40

This is a hidden gem of a sun cream really cheap and it works
I went on holiday recently and took many lotions and potions
Ultra Sun 30 and 50 SPF
Elizabeth Arden 8 hour sun cream SPF 50
P20
See my other blogs for reviews.

Ok back to calypso you get a whopping 150mls from anything like £7 to £9 depending on where you buy from. Home bargains is the cheapest and Amazon sell it if theres not one in your area.

I bought this as an after thought as I was using ultra sun/Elizabeth Arden on my face and P20 on my legs (for some reason my legs just dont tan very well.) the rest of me arms and torso I usually take a banana boat type lotion but I get so fed up of reaplying that I just wanted to put it on once and just get on with  my day so I purchased this.  Now some reviews were good some bad so it obviously depends on your skin maybe if you are really really fair it may not be strong enough but for the price its worth shoving in your case to try, just make sure you apply generously.

Its a large tube and theres enough to last probably a few weeks, the cream is like a light beige colour it has a slight smell but its quite pleasant, its quite thick and takes a bit of rubbing in but if its once a day then I dont mind.  It felt a bit greasy and sticky but as the time passes it sinks in and you dont really think its any worse than others I have used and pay a fortune for, but I did rub a bit off and felt I needed to patch myself up but I was carrying quite a big bag so it was hanging from my arm.

I had this on all day and apart from the bag incident not once did I burn on my arms or torso or had to reaply.  I was impressed I did think as it was cheap it would cause me to break out in spots but it didnt.

I think this is a must have I am quite fair and this was SPF 40 so for the first 4 days I used this religiously then I went down to ultrasun 30.

Heres what the internet says.



Calypso SPF40 Once a Day Lotion: 150ml


One application protects for up to six hours, it has UVA/UVB protection, is suitable for children, and is water resistant. ...No, this not the slogan of the latest Superman film, it's just an amazing sun protection lotion! Offering high protection, and containing Vitamin E and Panthenol, it also has a non-staining formulation. Make going outdoors even better, with this fantastic must-have essential.

Features:

  • Calypso SPF40 Once a Day Lotion: 150ml
  • Suitable for children
  • High protection
  • UVA/UVB filters
  • Water resistant
  • activates after 15 minutes
  • Also available in 10 & 20 SPF










No comments:

Post a Comment