Sunday 23 September 2012

Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream spf 50 & Ultra sun spf 30 & 50

Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream SPF 50 & Ultra sun SPF 50

I will start with the Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream SPF 50
I bought this online its quite expensive and you have to just trawl the Internet until you find a good price. 

I used this on holiday where I went to Lanzarote they were having a bit of a heat wave and it was in the 90's hotter than my last visits at this time of year, as I am fair and have had Ipl treatment I knew that I needed a strong sun factor.

I had read a few reviews which were mostly good although one reviewer said it did not give 8 hours protection but I didnt have this problem as I wasnt really in the sun light eight hours, another concern was the smell which a small percentage didnt like.

 Its quite a thick white cream and it rubbed in ok I didnt look like casper the ghost for too long but it did take a little while to sink into my face and looked a bit greasy for quite a while.

The Smell is vile to me smelt like lemon sick luckily for me this smell didnt linger or I wouldn't have used it again that week.

It does what it says it gives good coverage all day although I did have to reapply to my shoulder blades and bony parts on my decolletage but like every other cream I have used this happens to me, I also noticed that where I took my sunglasses on and off there was slight burning so looked like it wiped off easy.

I probably wouldnt buy it again I think the smell is foul and it does wipe away exposing your skin to the sun so thats a bit concerning and the price is a bit on the expensive side. I paid about £10 and you only got 30ml.

Heres what online info tells you about this product



This lightweight, oil-free lotion helps protect your skin from sun exposure while hydrating for up to 8 hours. The powerful SPF 50 helps shield skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays that can cause sunburn, surface skin cell damage and premature signs of ageing.
  • Provides powerful SPF 50 PA+++ protection to help shield skin against UVA/UVB rays that can cause sunburn, surface skin cell damage and premature signs of aging.
  • Lightweight, oil-free lotion helps protect your skin from sun exposure while hydrating for up to 8 hours.
  • Suitable for all skin types.

How to Use

Apply liberally and evenly to face 30 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply as needed or after towel drying, swimming or perspiring.
 
 
 
Ultra sun SPF 30 & 50 
 
On my holiday I also used Ultra sun I bought 4 x 15ml of SPF 50 and 4 x 15ml and 2 x 30mls of SPF 30 what can I say I like to try everything lol.
 
The cream is like the Elizabeth arden one its white and quite thick and took a little bit to rub in but once it drys and sinks in it didnt feel greasy or look greasy as much as the the 8 hour cream.
 
It worked well and like before I did have to stop  (for the odd cocktail of course) and re touch again my bony bits.
 
I didnt burn anywhere and the cream didnt smell of anything at all another plus side apart from the lack of lemon sick it also contains anti ageing products unfortunately cant say I came back looking any younger sigh....
 
This is a little gem and it will be on my list next year I only used the SPF 50 on my face and neck, ears.
 
I didnt have enough of the spf30 for my whole body but I did get a few days use of what I had as I had bought a large bottle of calypso once which was really cheap so please read my other review  on that one.
 
The 30 and 50  SPF are excellent a good tip would be to buy it at the airport as I found the full size bottles under £20 its not really that much expensive than other products at say boots or a department store which are very poor in comparison.
 
Heres the info from the internet
50+SPF Anti-ageing formula - all day protection
Advanced all-in-one skin care and sun protection.
Ultrasun Face 50+SPF & 30 offers optimal protection especially under extreme sun conditions requiring particularly high sun protection. It boasts a special liposome formula which hydrates the skin and helps to diminish the signs of ageing - perfect for sun protection during the summer months and those fabulous holidays abroad!
It is free from oils, emulsifiers and perfume reducing the risk of allergy and making it especially suitable for sensitive skins. Like all Ultrasun products, it is non-greasy, water-resistant and easy to use. apply 15 minutes before direct sunlight.



 
A few people have found to be allergic to this so it maybe worth buying the sample sizes as shown above you can buy these sizes via Ebay or QVC do a set inc the lip balm so well worth looking into.
 
This is my version of P20 as Im fair so this is ideal for fair people and I still got a golden brown tan as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment