Sunday 26 February 2012

SkinCeuticals Retinol 0.5 Refining night Cream 30ml

SkinCeuticals Retinol 0.5 Refining Night Cream 30ml

I have heard a lot of raving about Retinol over the years its always something normally to do with acne and bad skin and how this ingredient helps clear this up.   It was said that someone with adult acne stumbled across this and noticed their wrinkles started to be less noticable is this an urban myth or a true story? Im not sure but I know it was prescription only a few years back.
Anyway I bought this off ebay after shopping around its all different prices if you type it into google you also get all different places from all around the world.
I paid £24.99 inc postage you can get it from this up to £34 depends on how much time your willing to spend shopping around for a good deal.
It contains as the title says 0.5 retinol now you can also go up to 1.0 retinol once you can tolerate the lower one.
This is the info I found


12 month shelf life from the day you open it,

SkinCeuticals Retinol 0.5 Refining Night Cream with 0.5% Pure Retinol (30ml)

SkinCeuticals Retinol 0.5 contains .5% pure retinol and is enhanced with the latest stabilization and delivery technologies to provide maximum efficacy. Retinol 0.5 is recommended for more sensitive skin or to help condition skin not acclimated to retinoids as a prerequisite to SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0.

Our retinol products help stimulate cell regeneration and build collagen to diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots from both photo- and intrinsic- aging. Additionally, they help minimize the appearance of pore size, while correcting blemishes and blotchiness often associated with problematic skin.
Benefits.
  • Helps reduce appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, ages spots, blemishes, and blotchiness
  • Preserves optimal retinol stability and minimizes erythema commonly associated with the use of retinol
  • Ensures maximum amount of retinol reaches the target site
  • Will not clog pores and eliminates the need of additional moisturizer
Use.
If you have never used retinol products before, begin by limiting use to twice a week, then gradually increase frequency to every other night, and finallyonce an eveningas tolerated. Consult your skincare professional for a dosage schedule appropriate for your skin.

Apply a pea-sized amount of Retinol .5 to thoroughly cleansed skin in the evening. Carefully avoid the eyes and the corner of the eyes. To ensure optimal results, wait at least 30 minutes before applying any corrective or moisturizing products the same evening as applying Skinceuticals retinol

Ok so thats the hype, so getting down to the nitty gritty, I used it as stated its quite thick and white it has no smell and is easy to apply.
The next morning my skin was a little bit sore and itchy but I wasnt to concerned as it does say you should  build a tolerance to it.
I missed a few days out and retried it, but again my skin was red and a bit blotchy again.   After a month of applying this cream I just knew alas that I was never going to be a retinol user as I still had sore skin especially around my mouth,eyes and nose area, I was disapointed but we are all different (im just glad I didnt buy the 1.0 retinol)  So I went back to the drawing board again. I used this about a year ago so not a recent purchase.  I would love to know if anyone is sucessful with retinol as I do hear great reviews.  I thought it was a bit pricey and wish I could have go my hands on some samples so that would be advised before purchasing the full size.
I would give this 4 out of 10 but thats only because I reacted to it doesnt mean everyone will.

No comments:

Post a Comment